Monday, August 27, 2012

Tide

"A doctor once told me I feel too much. I said, so does god. That's why you can see the grand canyon from the moon." - Andrea Gibson

I feel too much. My body is constantly a roil of emotions. I experience nothing that is not experienced viscerally first. Intellect is second. I am slowly, slowly, slowly, painfully learning how to think first and feel later, but sometimes the yearning is too strong. Sometimes the anger is much too great. Sometimes I feel everything as a serrated knife to my bones; an ache and a grinding much too deep to ever ignore.

I will never care about the grammar in these blogs, never care about the proper punctuation, because e.e. cummings had it right. Emotion first, rules later and maybe never.

Here I am spilling. Who follows the rules when they pour forth all that they are?

I'm stymied by the contradictions. I see what you are damming up. I see the concrete springing leaks.
"...Sometimes I wish that the tide would take me..."

Chris Pureka - Shipwreck



No comments:

Post a Comment