Sunday, August 26, 2012

For you

I don't really know why, but I want you to see me. I want to share all of me with you.

I wanted you there today, experiencing the beauty I was experiencing as I walked around the church garden. I wanted you to experience the vivid gladiolus with the sun making them glow. I wanted you to see the genius in Andrea Gibson's work, to feel the heartbreak the way I feel it when I hear her perform.

I want you to be moved. I want beauty for you.

More than anything I want to connect with you. I want to know what lights your fire. Maybe what makes you burn isn't at all close to what makes me burn. That's ok. Maybe I want to see your joy because you have a seemingly endless supply of composure. I just want an opportunity to see the real you. I don't want to see your restraint. I don't want to see that pain in your eyes, that downturn in your lips. I want to see the pure happiness and love in you that each and every soul is capable of showing forth. Forget "showing," I want to see it explode out of you.

I do not want to be the stumbling block on your journey. I do not want to be the source of the pain in your eyes.

What I am asking for is innocent. You know the day, the time, the place. All I am asking is that you come, still your mind, and find peace. No tricks. Just mutual peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment