Saturday, July 21, 2012

Grounded

So much of my life revolves around my injured back. I began regularly incorporating several therapeutic yoga poses into my daily schedule, as well as a short meditation. The stretching took a ridiculous amount of pressure of off my back and I couldn't be happier to have avoided pain medication. When the pain starts to fade though, so too does the yoga and mediation practice. I have skipped practice more often than not this week, but getting back into it today is a step in the right direction.

Tomorrow I attend church for the first time in years. The church is unitarian, and very welcoming from what I have heard. I feel the need for some self-exploration. I feel the need connect to some higher power. I have had so much trouble with the traditional notions of God and Jesus, but I have so much respect for those who follow "the word" and love all equally. My trouble with God and Jesus stems from human hate. I know this new church does not preach hate, and I am looking forward to it a great deal.

I feel as if I am entering a new stage in my life; a more grounded stage, perhaps. I feel that the meditation and church service are connected. I feel better than I have in such a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment