Friday, July 6, 2012

Conflict

I have had many misgivings about my decision to leave my current job. I got a clear signal though. I hurt my back again, doing something unavoidable in my current job. The pain is a healthy reminder to take it easy and take care of myself first. The next few days at work are likely to be stressful, painful, and all around difficult. Just more incentive to get working.

I feel like I am letting everyone down. I promised, by signing that contract, to be with the company for the next two years. I am only six months in and I am already backing out. I feel judged for it, probably rightly so. My friend's brother told me, "I'm too pure of heart too. You always want to make sure other people have what they need, but you need to make sure you are taking care of yourself first." I needed to hear that. It goes against my most basic instincts, but he is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment